|
本書獻給親愛的家人、朋友和正在閱讀它的你……
This book is dedicated to my dear family,
friends, and all who are reading it….
一天夜裡,羚羚在媽媽的耳邊講了個悄悄話:「……」
One night, Ling-Ling whispered a secret in Mom’s ear: “….”
她接著說:「這是班上那個小胡的祕密……」
She said, “This is my classmate, Howard’s, little secret.”
於是媽媽便提醒她說:「妳的同學可以把自己的祕密告訴妳,一定是很信任妳,也相信妳不會隨便說給同學聽,那麼媽媽也會幫妳保守祕密。」
“If your friend can tell you his secret, then he must really trust you and believe that you will not tell anyone. I will also help you keep the secret.” Mom assured her.
聽了媽媽讚揚她是個可以信任的人時,羚羚突然滿心歡喜並鬆了一口氣。
Hearing this, Ling-Ling relaxed, knowing she could be trusted. She was so happy.
不過,她還是不放心地叮嚀著媽媽:「噓……不可以告訴別人哦!拜託!打勾勾。」
She told Mom, “Shh… don’t tell anyone, please! Pinky Promise!!”
這時候,妹妹雙耳豎得高高的,眼皮也不願閤上。
Nearby, Ling-Ling’s little sister, Joyce, was listening, unable to sleep.
她好奇地問:「是什麼事?是什麼事?我也要聽!」
She curiously asked, “What is it? What is it? I want to know!”
「是我同學的事,妳不可以知道的!」羚羚立即維護起她的祕密說。
“It’s my friend’s secret! I will not tell you!” Ling-Ling wanted to keep the secret safe.
「不行,我也要知道!」於是她拗了起來,就這樣折騰了老半天,大夥都無法入睡,相持不下。
“No, I want to know!” Joyce whined. She whined all night long. No one could get any sleep.
最後,為了安撫晴晴,媽媽只好說個故事哄她。
Not wanting Joyce to continue her whining, Mom told her a story.
聽完了故事,她開懷大笑!
After hearing the story, Joyce laughed.
她明白如果存著好奇心去挖掘別人的祕密,可能會使小事變大事;好事變壞事。
She realized that if she kept wanting to know other peoples’ secrets, her curiosity could lead to big problems, turning good into bad .
以上內容擷取自《一個小祕密A Little Secret(附光碟)》吳淑玲◎著/恩泉更新事工出版
更多精彩內容請見
http://www.pressstore.com.tw/freereading/9789868549333.pdf |